As I always find myself doing around this time of year and yes I find myself doing it now. I search for Tequila and Mezcal based drinks, unique spring and summer time drinks.
I found a cool one. Very cool and tasty one.
Cucumbers, jalapenos, lime, agave, cilantro and of course Tequila are all in this one served up in it's own edible cup. Try it out, you won'tbe disappointed.
Salud from Mr. Latino!
- 1 red bell pepper, refrigerated
- 3 cucumber slices, roughly chopped
- ½ small jalapeño, diced
- ¼ ounce agave
- 3 to 4 cilantro sprigs, plus extra for garnish
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces reposado tequila
- Ice, for shaking
- 1 part cumin to 2 parts kosher salt, for rim
1. Slice the top quarter off the bell pepper and hollow out the inside, setting the larger portion aside (this will be your glass). Remove the stem from the smaller piece and roughly chop the remaining edible parts.
2. In a shaker, muddle the chopped pepper, cucumber, jalapeño, agave and cilantro. Add the lime juice, tequila and ice, and shake vigorously. Take the larger part of the bell pepper and dip half its edge into the cumin/salt mixture, to use as a rim. Strain the liquid from the shaker into the bell pepper and serve.
Recipe from the Tasting Table Test Kitchen